Return to Training
Great News!! Following a meeting with the Manager at Sedburgh Leisure Centre we can resume training on the Monday 18th January.
However, as advised earlier for this to happen, there are a number of roles that need to be filled to be able to re-commence training. We need volunteers to urgently come forward to make this happen. Without the required volunteers we will not be able to re-commence training.
A description of what is involved with each role can be found on our website Click Here to view... The roles that must be filled are Secretary, Membership Secretary, Welfare Officer and SwimMark Co-ordinator.
To conform to the current rules and guidance the following will apply to each session: -
Initially the sessions will be Monday and Wednesday 7-8 pm for swimmers 17 years and under and will be limited to 24 swimmers at each session. Social distancing to be observed at all times. If you bring equipment with you make sure it is clearly marked with your name to avoid other people handling it.
- Swimmers to arrive beach ready i.e., swimming costumes on.
- Parents/guardians to drop swimmers by the main entrance. Spectators are not allowed in the building.
- 11+ years to wear face coverings when entering or leaving the building. The hand sanitizing station should be used and a member of the Pool Staff will be taking temperatures and may refuse swimmers entry into the building.
- Pool Staff will direct swimmers to the poolside via the door adjacent to the spectator seating.
- Swimmers will go straight onto the pool side and make their way to the deep end where they can leave their clothes on the poolside. Swimmers need to bring a bag for this purpose.
- At the end of the session swimmers will be allocated a cubical and should change as quickly as possible and leave the building following the 1 way exit route. Showers are not available.
- Exit is via the door opposite reception where swimmers can be collected. If swimmers cannot see who is collecting them, they should wait outside by the door and make either the coaching staff or the pool staff aware.